You will need a licence for each concurrent user. That is, if you have 10 user accounts configured, but only 5 people will ever need to access the server at any one time, you will only need to purchase a 5 user license. Also, no license is required for the user that is using the PC locally via the console. So in this scenario, at any one time you can have 5 users logged in remotely and 1 additonal user physically operating the PC via the console.
One license will net you the ability to have one user logged in remotely and one simultaneous physical user. On ‘Home’ editions of Windows systems this can make sense if you want remote access functionality but do not want to pay for and go through the process of upgrading the OS.
If you have just installed RDPlus but are still receiving the same Windows screen asking you to log out the current user before you can log in, then something has gone wrong with your RDPlus installation. Generally this issue is the result of an Anti-virus on the PC that has quarantined RDPlus files or is blocking the execution of such files. In these cases it is generally best to do a full reinstall with the Anti-virus disabled.You can also run the “RDPlus System Audit” in the License tab of the Admin Tool, this can sometimes help find where the issue lies if Anti-virus is not the culprit.
To increase the stability of RDPlus all files within the following folders should be exempt from Anti-virus monitoring:
C:\Program Files (x86)\RDPLUS or C:\Program Files\RDPLUS for 32bit systems
(Assuming you installed RDPlus on C: drive)
As a general rule it is not advised to install anything on a production system without good reason, you should always know the content of what you are installing and the potential impact it could have on the application stack installed on the system. These days software vendors are pushing tens of MB of software (bugs included) into live systems all over the world, usually in the background without any notice to the system admins or end users.
If you want to keep your software up to date perform all updates manually outside of production hours and preferably post-backup of your system. We have seen countless cases where businesses show up to work on Monday to a broken system due to automated updates over the weekend.
This will reset the system memory and clear out any unnecessary processes that could be eating up your resources.
This will prevent users from downloading and installing incompatible or malicious software on the system.
Additionally, web browsing can be highly resource intensive when users have multiple tabs of complex graphical web pages open, if your server is not spec’d to handle this, RAM and CPU usage can easily spiral out of control.
RDPlus enables you to set the server to forward the opening of web links to the user PC, this can be a smart way to handle this rule.
A false detection of RDPlus components can break RDPlus and result in unnecessary downtime. Make sure to exclude native RDPlus files from Anti-virus monitoring to avoid this.
More so, some Anti-virus software will launch a separate instance for each user session, this can heavily affect the performance of your system, when you have 10 separate instances of the exact same software monitoring the exact same system.
If you have successfully installed RDPlus all PC’s on your local network should now be able to initiate a remote connection to your RDPlus server.To do so all you need is the local IP address of the RDPlus server or the PC name.
You can generate your own specially configured remote link within the RDPlus admin tool or you can use your favourite RDP connection client.All Windows PC’s come default with Windows default client “Remote Desktop Connection” you can find this by searching for “Remote Desktop” within your Start search function, or run “mstsc.exe”.
Each modem/router is different but you can usually find the port forward settings under “NAT” or “Port Forwarding” or “Virtual Servers” in the advanced menu.
An example of correctly configured port forward settings on a TP-Link Archer D7
External port: Port used for external connection (This can be any port you pick or default 3389)
Occasionally Windows updates can create issues with RDPlus. We stay on top of these issues as well as we can, if there is an incompatibility with a new Windows build, a patched update of RDPlus will promptly be released that addresses the issue. In most cases it’s as simple as hitting the “Check for Update” button in the Admin Tool > License Tab. However in some cases where you are coming from an older version of RDPlus or there is some other complication, you might have to perform a full uninstall > reinstall to the latest version. Please note: If you do not hold an active RDPlus Support and Updates subscription you are not entitled to install these updates and could face downtime in a live environment.
Absolutely! You can purchase additional users or upgrade your license type any time you desire.
- This version is optimized for Windows 2016 and Windows 10 latest releases.
Microsoft never sleeps and rolled out its new major Update (version 1809) this week.
RDPlus 11.60 fully benefits from these new Window enhancements and has included the proper feature to outperform in W10 / 2016 environments. The new RDPlus Alternate Shell enable can be selected to replace the Windows Shell and this simple enhancement avoid to use too many server resources.
The RemoteApp support has also been greatly improved to deliver a great users experience.
Great new enhancements were made to RDS-Knight, the included cyber security add-on, available in a free trial version.
The new 3.0 release is officially available and includes great new features:
- Anti-Ransomware Protection: this game-changing feature is exclusively included free of charge in the latest version of RDS-Knight ULTIMATE Protection.
RDS-Knight provides a powerful cyber weapon that efficiently DETECTS, BLOCKS and PREVENTS ransomware attacks.
RDS-Knight reacts as soon as it detects ransomware on your session. It quickly scans your disk(s) and displays the file(s) or program(s) responsible, in addition to providing a list of the infected items.
RDS-Knight automatically stops the attack, and quarantines the program(s) along with the file(s) encrypted before its intervention. Only the administrator can whitelist them.
RDS-Knight prevents catastrophic events for businesses by removing ransomware at an early stage. The administrator has access to information regarding the source of the attack and running processes, and therefore learns how to anticipate these threats.
In addition, RDS-Knight takes into account the most common crypto methods as well as foreseeable changes for an optimal protection. RDS-Knight Anti-Ransomware action allows quick response, limited damage, increased awareness and time savings with respect to data recovery.
- Brute-Force and Homeland Protection were extended to VNC: with RDS-Knight 3.0, the well known VNC security holes are closed. You can also enjoy a high level of protection against VNC hackers and other countries and/or brute force attacks.
- Homeland protection before a session-opening: RDS-Knight 3.0 detects and blocks blacklisted countries’ IPs trying to connect even before the session opens.
- Automatic Updates: When the administrator checks for a RDPlus update on the AdminTool, it now automatically downloads and applies it when requested.
- Local Devices:. On the Local Resources tab of the Client Generator, all local devices are now pre-selected by default to ease the COM ports or printer’s redirection.
- The latest HTML5 code has been included.
- The latest RDS-Knight version which offers 5 strong Security features is available on the Security tab of the AdminTool as a trial.
This is a major release which brings powerful security additions and enhancements:
- The Client Generator has been redesigned to be numerically signed and to avoid false/positive antiviruses reactions. Instead of a “.exe” program, the new Client Generator is creating a flat encrypted file with the extension “.connect”:
- As a pre-requisite on client side, a signed program named “Setup-ConnectionClient.exe” has to be installed. This program is available on this path in the RDPlus program folder: RDPlus\Clients\WindowsClient or by downloading it. It will locally open the required RDPlus client. Then, the user will just have to double click on the “.connect” file to start his session.
- RDPlus strong security Add-On RDS-Knight is now included in RDPlus as a trial version. When installing RDPlus 11.40 program or Update Release, you will have the choice to install it or not:It will create an icon on your Desktop, which allows you to launch it. RDPlus Security tab also includes a tile to start RDS-Knight:
- Brute-force Attacks on the Web Portal are now blocked when users enter wrong credentials. After 10 failed attempts during a period of 10 minutes, the Web Portal will prohibit the logon for 20 minutes (default settings). All blocked connections and logs are visible on the Brute-Force Defender tile of RDS-Knight Ultimate Protection, see this documentation for more information.
- More security enhancements were made: Security audits were taken, and components updates were made to even more improve users safety.
Display enhancements were also made:
- Application publishing: The administrator can now move up or down declared applications for a better presentation on the Floating Panel.
- The RDPlus Taskbar’s customization tile has been enhanced to enable the change of minimized buttons position on the taskbar (on top of the screen, on the bottom, on the right, the left side, or in the center).
- The Folder.exe design has been improved.
点击查看Verde 8.1 Release Notes
以下文件为Verde 8.1版本的管理员操作手册，里面包含Verde 的规划、安装、配置及管理等，目前该版本为英文版本，后期我们会逐步更新中文版本及简化版本的操作手册！
- Verde 8.1安装需要一台物理的服务器
由于NComputing vSpace是采用共用的模式，因为32位的操作系统最大只支持4G内存，故除了早期的vSpace 6.6.9之前的产品外，后期vSpace 的产品不再支持32位的操作系统！